1. Taking the train is the _______________ method of transportation among my friends.
2. Mrs. O’Connor asked the _______________ for advice about her moral problem.
3. Going to _______________ can be a fun experience that may include singing, eating, and even dancing in some parts of the world.
4. One ______________ of the book that Madeline liked was the way it was told like a person was dreaming the story.
5. Chinese _______________ is among the oldest in the world.
6. The school only hires _______________ of English as teachers.
7. Unfortunately, many of the world’s languages are _______________.
8. Jake’s family is moving into a new house because their old one was too small. _______________, they found that neighborhood too noisy.
6. native speakers
7. falling out of use
8. In addition
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. What is the relationship between Latin and the Romance languages?
2. Which reason is NOT mentioned that people might study Latin?
a. Latin is a Romance language.
b. Latin gave birth to the Romance languages.
c. There is no relationship between them.
d. Latin is used in Western Europe while Romance languages are used in Eastern Europe.
a. It is easy to learn and has simple grammar.
b. It can help you learn other languages.
c. It is the language of the Catholic Church.
d. In can help you understand European culture.