1. My messy hair is _____________; it’s the latest style!
2. John hopes to become a ____________ member of the organization because he wants to be a part of it for the rest of his life.
3. The army captured ten of their enemies and later sold them as _______________.
4. Jennifer only ______________ in alcohol on special occasions like her birthday.
5. The huge gorilla ______________ the apple in his hand.
6. In New Zealand, kiwis are sometimes ______________ to make wine.
7. If you don’t like sweet wines, then I would recommend this _______________ one.
8. A team of ______________ is digging in the soil for pieces of ancient pottery.
9. _____________ fresh fruit drinks ______________ deep fried oysters, this market sells everything!
10. Don’t _____________ giving me criticism or advice. If I did something wrong, I want to know.
11. _____________, my great-grandmother was the most beautiful girl in town.
10. hold back on
11. In her time
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. How was wine different in Roman times compared to today?
a. In the way it was made.
b. In its range of flavors.
c. In the volume of which it was consumed by the average person.
d. All of the above.
2. Why does the author mention a winery in southern France?
a. It produces a huge amount of wine today.
b. It proves just how long wine can last if stored properly.
c. It shows that one Roman winery can still be used in modern times.
d. It concludes the article by summarizing the main points.