1. Surprisingly, Maria didn’t _______________ any major problems during her three-month trip across Africa.
2. The relaxed ____________ of the zen Buddhist temple made Jenny feel at peace.
3. Kevin wrote a postcard to tell his friend about some of the unusual and _______________ customs in India.
4. ______________ is a normal part of living abroad, especially during the holidays, when people tend to want to see their family the most.
5. Stella loves everything about France, her ______________ country.
6. White Beach on Boracay isn’t ______________ the most relaxing place for tourists because there are many people trying to sell things there.
7. Ken, a _______________ of San Francisco, USA, will be your new English teacher.
8. Hostels are usually _____________ low prices and facilities that are shared among guests.
9. After the pain from the cut _______________, the child stopped crying.
10. Linda _______________ a large glass of iced lemonade.
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. Robert has been living abroad in China for two years. He still hasn’t learned much Mandarin, and he can’t stand the traffic there. Which phase of culture shock is he probably in?
a. The honeymoon stage.
b. The frustration stage.
c. The adjustment stage.
d. The acceptance stage.
2. Which of the following is not a natural step that is a part of overcoming culture shock?
a. Learning to find one’s way around.
b. Getting to know more people.
c. Getting used to the food.
d. Becoming just like a local person.