1. Kurt was _______________ surprised when he came home to find that his mother had gotten her nose pierced.
2. This particular ____________ of aboriginals is known for their unique tattoos.
3. _______________ hair, such as beards and mustaches, is trendy among Western males right now.
4. In the 1980s, many men only got one ear pierced, but nowadays it is more ______________ for them to get both.
5. I think his comment was sincere; I don’t think he intended for his words to have a negative ______________.
6. Many rock and hip hop stars are worshipped by ______________ teenagers around the world.
7. Hillary joined a _______________ and got involved with various criminal activities.
8. The _____________ for the wedding is casual; you can wear whatever you’d like.
9. Fiona is an outstanding cook. _______________, all of her friends look up to her.
10. My parents will _______________ my ear piercings, but I want them so I’m still going to get them.
8. dress code
9. In this regard
10. frown upon
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. Which example is given of an area where a traditional piercing or tattoo custom hasn’t changed and has persisted in modern times?
b. East Asia.
c. South Asia.
2. What can we infer from the article?
a. If current trends continue, tattoos and piercings will become more and more prevalent in East Asian society.
b. Women in India and Pakistan will probably stop wearing nose rings at some point in the future.
c. Tattoos will continue to mainly be associated with gangs in many parts of the world.
d. The author of this article has multiple tattoos and piercings.