1. Tania called the police because a _______________-looking man was hanging out in her front yard.
2. Scientists are still trying to explain this unusual _______________.
3. A _______________ explanation is not good enough. I want to know everything.
4. Could you please ______________ me on how to submit my application?
5. Every hair stylist has his or her own unique _______________ for cutting and styling hair.
6. People in that _______________ village don’t have adequate medical facilities.
7. ______________ Terry likes to get an ice cream cone on the way home from work.
8. The blue whale can weigh up to 180,000kg, _______________ it the heaviest animal on earth.
9. The Eiffel Tower in Paris is truly a _______________.
10. Connie is _______________ finding her long lost real parents, since she was adopted when she was really young.
7. Once in a while
9. sight to behold
10. obsessed with
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. Why is it uncommon to see a total solar eclipse?
2. How many partial or total solar eclipses might an eclipse chaser be able to see in one year?
a. We never know when they will happen.
b. They can’t be seen everywhere, and only happen a few times per year.
c. The vast majority of solar eclipses are partial eclipses, not total eclipses.
d. The techniques for viewing solar eclipses are really difficult to learn.
d. More than 10.