1. _______________ have discovered that these mountains were once under the sea.
2. There was a giant explosion when the two planets _______________.
3. 88% of the world’s population lives in the Northern _______________.
4. The country of Ecuador is named after the _______________, which runs right through it.
5. Wow, the forest in Taiwan is so _______________ and green!
6. Cockroaches _______________ in the large cities of tropical countries.
7.One of the kids found a plant _______________ while they were playing on the rocks.
8. The evidence supporting her theory was ______________.
9. Unfortunately, the snowstorm _______________ the long weekend.
10. _______________ Japanese food, Korean food is quite spicy.
9. coincided with
10. In contrast to
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. What is the main topic of the third paragraph?
2. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
a. How did Pangaea come into existence?
b. How do geologists know that Pangaea really existed?
c. What were the landscape and wildlife of Pangaea like?
d. What was the weather in Pangaea like?
a. Pangaea was the world’s first supercontinent.
b. Dinosaurs and insects thrived in Pangaea.
c. Geologists are fairly certain that Pangaea existed.
d. Pangaea was mostly in the southern half of the Earth.