1. My mom was very _______________ in my life because she always believed I could become a great artist.
2. _______________ education has many problems; some of them are even worse than before.
3. Two basketball teams are competing today. One will lose and the other will be _______________.
4. He’s _______________ toward the library.
5. Mrs. Daffodil was _______________ upset with her son for staying up late.
6. It was obviously a _______________ crime because there is blood everywhere.
7. I don’t believe you because people say your opinion is _______________.
8. I’m good at playing basketball, cooking Chinese food, and planning vacations, _______________.
9. That evil man wants to _______________ the world! We have to stop him!
10. As far as we know, there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars that
8. among other things
9. take over
10. make up
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. What is the purpose of this passage?
2. According to the passage, which of the following is true about the members of the Lost Cause movement?
a. To explain why winners fail to influence history.
b. To change people’s minds about the Fall of Constantinople and the American Civil War.
c. To show that losers can still have a strong effect on history.
d. To show why Winston Churchill’s quote is important.
a. They were from both the North and the South.
b. They tried to show how important slavery was.
c. They argued that they were the good people in the fight.
d. Their books weren’t read by many people.
d. 顯示Winston Churchill（英國首相邱吉爾）的引述為何這麼重要。