1. The public was ____________ to learn that the mayor had once starred in a movie.
2. Something _______________ happened: the singer suddenly stopped the concert and asked his girlfriend to marry him.
3. Bill Gates’ _______________ worth is 85.3 billion.
4. A Japanese ______________ star was once featured on a special edition of Taipei MRT cards.
5. Yes, I have been ______________ once before, but I am very happy with my new husband.
6. Amy’s ______________ boss in now the CEO of a large international corporation.
7. Mr. Brown will now be in charge of _______________ answering emails ______________ sending faxes to our customers.
8. Caleb arrived at the party _____________ a pretty girl that none of his friends had met yet.
7. not only/but also
8. along with
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. What can be inferred from the information presented in this article?
a. Trump is a very popular president.
b. Trump is a very unpopular president.
c. Trump is unique compared to former presidents.
d. Trump is going to start a war with other countries.
2. Which point is not mentioned or implied on the list?
a. Trump is the first president to star in a movie.
b. Trump is unusually wealthy.
c. Trump has owned his own line of products.
d. Trump was already famous before he became president.