1. Adding an __________of fun helps children enjoy learning new things.
2. If his family has lived in the United States for __________, why can’t they speak English?
3. Justin asked his cousin to __________a series of holes so he could hang a mirror on the wall.
4. Companies should protect their profits by ______________their ideas and products.
5. They celebrated their win by spraying ______________over everyone.
6. The fast food ______________is working hard to change its unhealthy image.
7. One thing all humans share is a ______________to be loved and appreciated.
8. An earthquake in a big city like New York could ___________thousands of deaths.
9. Her singing career __________after she performed for the Queen in 2010.
10. The new film ___________ our childhood memories because we grew up watching the original series.
8. result in
9. took off
10. taps into
Comprehension Questions 閱讀理解
1. Why were brown diamonds used to drill through rock?
a. They are stronger than other diamonds.
b. Because jewelers didn’t want to use them for jewelry.
c. There are too many brown diamonds in the world.
d. Because Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez wore them.
2. Which of the following statements is true according to the article?
a. Green, pink, and blue diamonds were discovered in Australia.
b. Chocolate diamonds were the first ever diamonds to be sold.
c. Brown diamonds have been called champagne and cappuccino diamonds.
d. Brown diamonds are made when drinking champagne and cappuccino.
d. 因為Rihanna和Jennifer Lopez都戴它們。